The Love Your DoorStep (LYDS) community was set up in 2011 after the London riots with the aim of bringing people together and supporting the local economy. Since then, LYDS has expanded into a number of other geographic areas, in order to recreate a sense of cohesion, neighbourliness and belonging.
Love Your DoorStep offers the following features:
PLEASE NOTE: Businesses within our directory are businesses who have been recommended by “local people” on our community forum. The directory is a local directory built for the community by the community.
The membership that local businesses pay helps Love Your Doorstep achieve and do work for the local community which has been recognised and rewarded at national level by winning the “National Community Business of the Year Award” through the Federation of small business and Worldpay. Any questions regarding the way we operated as a private limited company feel free to email us on [email protected]
2. Blog: In addition to the directory of recommended local businesses, there is a blog which contains useful information from about the local area, including details of various events and other items of interest.
3. Facebook groups focusing on each local area: The LYDS Community forums are “powered by Facebook”, help solve problems and boost the local economy by putting the community in contact with recommended local products and services. The products and services recommended are not always Local Business Members. They can be charity or community organisations, educational establishments, or the local council. We moderate all posts and tag relevant businesses that may be able to resolve an issue in their field of expertise.
4: Facebook page for each local area: The LYDS Facebook page & Group explains the function and purpose of the LYDS community
6: Jobs board: The jobs board is available on the LYDS website for each local area, and enables local businesses (whether or not they are registered with LYDS) to advertise for staff in the local area. We want to be a part of helping local people find local work.
7: LYDS TV: LYDS TV has a YouTube channel where videos made throughout the local area can be viewed. These videos include news items and interviews with businesses and other members of the community in the local area.
8: LYDS Twitter Account LYDS has its own twitter account, where trending items of interest will be shared with followers.
Rules for participation in the LYDS community
Rule 1. Membership
(b) Any independent business that provides products and/or services to the local area may apply to join the LYDS community for a fee. We charge a membership fee to support recommended Love Your Doorstep ™ approved local businesses.
Rule 2. Posting in the Facebook Groups
(a) Any member of the LYDS Facebook groups may submit posts about topics of interest, or ask a question if the products/services of a local business are required.
(b) In answer to a question posed to the group, any member of the LYDS community may recommend a local business that they have used, please see below further rules about this
(c) Any registered LYDS business may post each week to the Facebook group for the area(s) in which they are registered to advertise their products/services.
(d) Businesses that are not registered LYDS businesses may not advertise on the Facebook groups or respond to tags.
(e) Non-registered LYDS businesses should not use the LYDS platform to contact clients “behind the scenes”.
(f) Members of the LYDS Facebook group(s) must not participate in the following activities:
posting spam (unsolicited emails or other communication), asking for membership of other groups, requesting votes for competition entries, chain letters or emails, comparative advertising, unauthorized advertising, harming (or attempting to harm) minors, any fraudulent purpose, private investigations, or any illegal activity.
1) On becoming a community member of the LYDS group you can post information and recommendations about products, services, and the local area. Only LYDS registered businesses can post about their own businesses; individual community members can suggest businesses based on personal experience, but such businesses cannot then start posting about themselves if they are not Love Your DoorStep business.
If recommendations about the same business come through regularly and we start to see a pattern of the same people posting the same recommendations, we can and do review this as we have paying members who support the LYDS project which helps the local community.
2) To post about your business on the LYDS community forum, you must be a registered LYDS business. As a LYDS business you will have your own web page on the online directory at https://enfield.loveyourdoorstep.co.uk/directory/ which will include a description of your business, your contact details, photographs and customer reviews. This is to help build up a recommended local directory for the Enfield Community. The community will also be able to leave you recommendations and reviews which in turn helps other local people make informed choices about who they use. WE are not exclusive to any one business or business type. We offer the community a choice of businesses to choose from.
You will have support from LYDS so local people know you are on our doorstep! Becoming a LYDS business helps to give your business exposure through a number of different channels: Facebook, Twitter, the LYDS online directory on our website and the LYDS marketing routes which include Business to Business events, PR opportunities and more.
As a business you will also have access to a private local business group,
Access to our local business events in conjunction with the Federation of Small Business (FSB)
If you are not a LYDS registered business
You must not use your contribution to this group for:
We reserve the right to remove comments that could be deemed as offensive, incitement and report any such comments to the police.
3) This is not a spamming or self promotional community forum.
4) Networking Groups: Please do not post links or photos to networking groups unless the chair, owner of the networking group has been in touch with LYDS, as we have paying networking groups as part of LYDS, and LYDS have their own networking business events. To ask for votes or likes unless you have prior approval by the group’s admin.
5) Testimonials about LYDS can be found here: Testimonials
7) To advertise on the job board, events calendar or on our website please contact the Love Your DoorStep on [email protected]
8) Our T&Cs can be found here: Terms & conditions
9) This is a public platform
Please make your comment clear to ensure that it is not misunderstood. You can express a strong opinion as long as they don’t have potential to cause offence or intimidate any of our audience. This will be at the Community Managers discretion. Don't forget that you are legally responsible for what you submit. Please consider how your comment could be received by others. Many different types of people of different ages may view your comment. This applies to any content you submit.
10) Rule 10: Respect the spirit as well as the letter of the House Rules
In deciding what is acceptable, please also respect the spirit and tone of these rules and the LYDS community
11) Removal of content
We moderate all posts, and review comments posted in response; comments that violate the letter or spirit of these rules and/or our Terms & Conditions may be removed (or, if checked in advance, not published in the first place). If we do remove something, we will generally remove whole posts, or where necessary, whole threads (not parts). This means that even if only one sentence is objectionable, the whole comment will usually be removed (or not published).
If your contribution or a thread is removed, this will be for a specific reasons. Usually, this will be because the contribution breaks these rules or our Terms & Conditions or is the subject of an (facebook) abuse report. Sometimes, the contribution may be removed because it is connected to another contribution which is being removed. We hope that you will understand that, once properly notified of a complaint, we may have to remove a contribution for legal reasons (whatever the rights and wrongs).
If your content has been removed, we may message you to let you know, this depends on how many staff we have available and how busy the groups are. If this is a repeat infringement, you will be suspended from submitting further comments to the group, and subsequently removed from the group
If you are aware that content has been removed, you must not deliberately resubmit the same content.
12): Suspension and termination
We reserve the right to suspend or ban you from the LYDS platforms at our sole discretion. Here are some reasons why we might do so:
The length of a suspension or whether we ban someone depends on all the circumstances. Allowing our users to contribute content is a privilege, not an automatic right. If you abuse our rules, or our Terms, you will be barred from using the LYDS platforms there will be
(i) a ban from posting,
(ii) a temporary removal from the group and then
(iii) blocking from the group
If we suspend or ban your membership from the group you must not attempt to re-register or submit content (e.g. using someone else's account), without prior permission.
We also reserve the right to take proceedings against you for breach of our Terms or these House Rules and to report the matter to the Police or other law enforcement agency as appropriate.
If you have any queries please contact: [email protected]